I am looking for work! If you’ve been browsing my blog long, or not, you’ll know that I’m primarily a backend-focused Python developer with config management, virtualization, and documentarian bents. My peopling & coworking is LEGIT and I love mentorship and thinking about information transmission. I’m also interested in tech writing, if it’s for something good and chewy that I personally want to see more documentation on (read: everything complicated), and I’d consider a dip into devops/SRE too.
Some of my musts include the following:
- An established team of at least several years. It seems like between 5-10 years is a very good sweet spot for the kind of growth I’m looking for.
- You use the Agile development strategy, or something similarly modern. Sprints, clear work assignment and tracking, post-mortems.
- You use safe, modern Git practices.
- You have other women in the company.
- You have onboarded people before.
- You, as an organization, have made an attempt at writing internal documentation.
- I am happy to work remotely, but I do not want to be your only remote worker.
- I am happiER to work in Portland, and require the flexibility to work from home a few times per month, once onboarded.
- A semi-dedicated resource of whom I can ask friendly questions for the first several months.
Some of my wants:
- To not be the first woman engineer you hire. This has been very difficult to find.
- To primarily use Python, with the flexibility to learn new languages.
- To have the time granted to write great documentation along with the features and fixes I write for you.
- To be part of a rich code-reviewing team, where everyone’s commits are reviewed, even architects’.
Leave a comment or email me at rkellyalso aat gmail and I’ll shoot you my resume. Let’s doo thiiis.